Road Striping Technician
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Do you enjoy traveling to other places to work? Do you thrive working outdoors and making a difference? Are you experienced with operating equipment? This is the position for you!
What you will do:
The purpose of this job is to stripe company travel center parking lots.
Apply paint or lacquer using striping equipment to parking lots, side roads,
2. Ensure annual striping projects for all company locations are completed
3. Stripe parking lots in accordance with ADA rules and regulations
4. Examine finished surfaces and verify conformance to specifications;
retouch any defective areas
5. Clean and maintain tools and equipment
6. Read and follow job orders and inspect work pieces to determine work
procedures and materials required
7. Clean surfaces of work pieces in preparation for coating, using cleaning
fluids, solvents, brushes, scrapers, steam, sandpaper, or cloth
8. Select and mix ingredients to prepare coating substances according to
9. Conceal blemishes, nicks, and dents in work pieces using fillers
10. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure
guests and team members are supported at the highest level
11. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and
What you need:
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Valid state driver’s license required
- Minimum three years’ striping or parking lot maintenance experience preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and listening skills
- Ability to multitask, manage time, problem solve, and navigate change
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to collaborate with other team members and departments
- Travel required up to 100%
- General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Work long hours including weekends
- Lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Exposure to inclement weather
- Ability to bend, stoop, twist, and crawl
- Climb ladders
What you will get:
Full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, 401K and many other supplemental programs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 50163640-d7b0-4778-8895-d8e469bf6235