Sales Analyst I
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to analyze cash and inventory overages/shortages and gross profit margins for Pilot Flying J’s retail sales categories in stores, and to promote adherence to financial reporting and procedural standards.
- Review and verify daily financial data related to cash sales, inventory and margins to identify and analyze variances; collaborate with internal departments to correct variances
- Monitor store level cost and cash analysis processes, explain trends and provide assistance to field and operations support team members
- Collaborate with Planning and Analysis to prepare monthly financial schedules and balance sheet reconciliations for restaurant and retail gift card accounts
- Prepare, examine and analyze associated sales analysis accounting records, financial statements and reports prior to publication of monthly P&L
- Enter data, maintain data and analyze information in the company’s accounting programs (e.g., Infor, GL)
- Provide ad hoc analysis to support other internal finance departments (e.g., corporate accounting, accounts receivable) and assist in other cash flow reporting, presentations and analytical initiatives as directed by leadership
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business required
- Minimum two years’ relevant accounting experience required
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required; advanced skills preferred
- Experience with accounting software
- Familiarity with SQL query syntax/logic
- Understanding of data analytics and reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work with and collaborate with other departments
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay