Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to nominate, and schedule refined products and renewable fuel shipments via railcar and/or truck and collaborate with the commercial team to optimize daily supply and demand forecasts across various regions.
In this role you will:
- Determine locations to schedule and coordinate rail and truck shipments across various regions of the United States. Originate, track, and execute timely nominations with various suppliers and in various systems
- Work collaboratively with the commercial team to optimize origin and destination deliveries to the most advantaged markets
- Analyze and assist commercial and supply teams to optimize inventories
- Work collaboratively with the operations, mid-office, and settlement teams, as well as external counterparties, to resolve discrepancies.
- Network and build relationships with terminals, terminal operators, transportation companies and inspectors
- Responsible for input and updating actualization information in ETRM and other applicable systems
- Assist in reconciling historical and current month’s activities in appropriate systems
- Backup scheduling team in other regions as applicable
- Participate in special projects identified by manager, operations team, and traders
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree required
- Minimum 3 year’s energy operations or inventory experience preferred
- Understanding of freight rates for various rail lines and truck transportation companies. Understanding of Energy Operations lifecycle via various modes of transportation preferred Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required; advanced skills preferred
- Experience using Right Angle preferred
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay