Senior Data Scientist, People Analytics
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Do you thrive when collecting, analyzing and interpreting complex data using the scientific method? Do you geek out at diagnosing business problems? Are you passionate about leading improvements through design, creation, validation and implementation of analytical solutions? Do you want to help build a world-class people, analytics capability at a growth company focused on innovative solutions across our retail, energy and logistics operations? If so, we would love to have you join the Pilot family and work alongside our existing high performing HRIS and BI teams.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather requirements and drive adoption of solutions
- Partner with members of HRIS and Business Intelligence (BI) teams to deliver complete analytics solutions to business stakeholders
- Lead project teams to achieve milestones and objectives; assist in creation of People Analytics strategies and execution of plans
- Own the development and maintenance of People Analytics analyses deployed to other business segments
- Identify business trends and problems through complex data analysis
- Apply and integrate statistical, mathematical, and predictive modeling to manipulate complex data from a variety of sources to impact business partner decision making
- Develop, analyze, and model workforce, operational, economic, management, financial and other organizational data to quantify performance of business segments and evaluate potential operational changes
- Use and analyze existing data science solutions to perform tasks in a reproducible, repeatable manner
- Collaborate with members of People Analytics, HRIS, and Business Intelligence (BI) teams to deliver complete analytics solutions to business partners
- Mentor members of People Analytics and HRIS teams and provide peer reviews, where appropriate
- Assist with recruiting and interview process; provide feedback and recommendations. Maintain own expertise in People Analytics field by engaging in opportunities for professional development and mentoring.
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s plus 5-8 years related experience, or MS plus 3-6 years related experience, or PhD plus 0-3 years related experience or a combination of equivalent education/experience required
- Demonstrated success developing people data dashboards and performing analyses in a client-facing role required
- Demonstrated success in data mining and modeling, including statistical model development required
- Mastery of statistics, mathematical modeling, and analysis, specifically related to People Data
- Understanding of data infrastructure and architecture design patterns
- Understanding of exploratory data analysis via code
- Ability to work with large volumes of data and translate into actionable results and visualizations
- Ability to create an analytical solution from a design
- Ability to work independently and remain engaged with problems and tasks until resolution
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.