Senior ETRM Functional Support
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to provide support of an Energy, Trade, and Risk Management system, RightAngle, for Pilot’s supply chain business.
- Lead the planning, analysis, design and implementation of RightAngle related system solutions, including break-fix and enhancements
- Facilitate the analysis and implementation of new deal types, trade structure and business modeling in RightAngle (RA) while seeking solutions for deal capture, logistics setup, processes, cross functional data flow and timing impact
- Work closely with the front, middle, and back office to understand business needs and develop IT strategy. Propose solutions including advice on design, implementation, tools, scalability, system performance, and dependencies.
- Serve as the "hands-on" escalation point to identify and resolve RA-related issues.
- Perform an analysis of the current systems and operations, documenting existing procedures and operating methods; define data requirements, analyze documentation files and reports, and design an improved system and methods of implementation around the application modules.
- Understand business operation requests and translate them into clear and actionable application directives.
- Maintain enterprise application architecture with a high-level visual schematic of key systems and business flows.
- Actively drive the development life cycle from requirements analysis, feasibility estimates, design, code, documentation, through to testing, implementation and support.
- Support change management processes to manage software releases, application patching and changes to production configurations.
- Maintain current knowledge and system functionalities. Actively seek new advances on the horizon.
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in high-pressure environments; excelling at pinpointing and resolving problems in early project stages to avoid cost/time expenses.
- Guide and assist junior team members in their knowledge and development.
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, Finance/Accounting, or other related scientific or technical discipline required; or demonstrated technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements.
- Master, MBA with concentration in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology preferred
- 10+ years of experience in energy and financial trade capture systems, trade logistics, settlement and accounting systems, risk valuation and risk control management
- 7+ years of experience developing in OpenLink/Solarc RightAngle or related ETRM applications desired
- 10+ years of experience desired developing solutions with Developer tools in .NET, Java, PL SQL, some Power Builder desired
- Industry experience in energy and/or commodities trading and risk management technologies, operations and processes, as well as, delivering full lifecycle systems implementation in energy trading environment.
- Strong commodity exposure including crude oil, NGL, refined products and derivatives
- Strong functional and cross functional business knowledge around ETRM
- Ability to manage creation of development specifications ensuring they meet user and business requirements, by having feasibility meetings needs into technical requirements and identify system impact from small and large scale projects
- Ability to readily comprehend business expectations that affect the current enterprise architecture and future strategy
- Display competencies in incident management, problem management, change management and service requests and documentation; demonstrates leadership ability to develop and propose overall strategy, architecture and process improvements
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Schedule
- Weekly Pay