Senior Financial Analyst
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Are you looking for a company that offers career growth and development? Are you inspired by numbers, reporting and data driven decisions? If you answered yes to any of those questions, then this role might be the perfect fit for you! Pilot Company would like to add a Senior Financial Analyst to the Finance team. This position is not just a reporting role! In this role, you will work on special high visibility projects in addition to annual audit and reporting.
Here's what you will do on our team:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for the company
- Help facilitate the year-end audit with our external auditors
- Conduct ad hoc financial analysis and reporting
- Assist in company budgeting and forecasting
- Prepare materials for the senior leadership team and the board of directors
- Research GAAP when technical accounting questions arise
- Analyze monthly account reconciliations performed by various employees throughout the company
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance and CPA or MBA preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in public accounting
- Advanced - Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of financial/reporting and database systems (Lawson, Infor, and Tableau)
- Ability to perform financial modeling and summarize results
- Excellent strategic, analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Onsite Gym and PFJFresh Cafeteria
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines