Senior Project Manager
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The purpose of this job is to manage large, complex projects and contribute to standard project management practices used throughout the organization in order to establish consistency on processes and methods across all areas of business.
- Manage projects throughout project lifecycle to plan projects, coordinate roadmaps, timeline and project deployment, communicate updates, determine return on investments and prioritize tasks
- Conduct project scoping by analyzing, defining, and understanding business requests, gathering requirements, collecting data and metrics, preparing budgets, defining process flows, and gathering time estimates
- Liaise between PMO, Information Technology (IT), and business partners to ensure timely communication regarding priorities, project status, and training needs
- Identify and determine PMO project focus
- Consult business team members on prioritization of upcoming projects and identify resources necessary based on current project portfolio and business strategic direction
- Lead discussions within the PMO, manage standard project management templates and framework components, and determine initial version of the project management framework
- Manage risk and risk mitigation plans for assigned projects
- Use negotiation skills to consistently resolve disputes without the need for escalation
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Associate degree in business management, information technology, or related field required
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, information technology, or related field preferred
- Minimum five years’ project management or general management experience required
- Minimum three years’ project management office (PMO) experience required
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Project Management Institute Agile Certified Professional (ACP) Certification preferred
- Knowledge of agile software development tools and techniques including Scrum and Kanban approaches
- Working knowledge of programming techniques
- Knowledge of root cause analysis (RCA) tools, brainstorming tools, and planning tools
- Ability to anticipate stakeholder needs, resources required and expected follow-up, combined with working collaboratively to meet those needs
- Ability to make independent decisions for identifying an appropriate project methodology and framework
- Ability to coach and motivate team members
- Ability to prioritize projects with input from business and IT team members
- Ability to identify risks and dependencies of project
- Strong organizational and attention to details skills
- Strong analytical thinking skill
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: de79159b-15ea-44be-997e-db3afb3808ae