Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The purpose of this job is to design and build API governance rules sets to govern and manage APIs. The position will also demands superior knowledge of inner workings of HTTP, TLS, Messaging protocols (JMS, MQTT, Websockets, Kafka) and API specifications like Swagger 2.0, Open API 3.0, Async API 2.0, RAML 1.0, and GraphQL 2021 edition.
- Design and build API governance rules to ensure API confirms to OWASP Top 10, HTTPS, Authentication and Authorization (OAuth 2), Open API, and Async API specifications.
- Build and Develop APIs in Java/.Net/Python (AWS Lamda)/MuleSoft Anypoint platform and technologies
- Serve as point of contact for other Developers for questions regarding data and integrations. provide support for existing integrations including troubleshooting and bug fixes
- Leverage technology to increase productivity and efficiency at the Sales and Support Center (SSC) and stores as well as provide a superior guest and customer experience
- Train support staff and other team members on the proper use and/or troubleshooting of software application interfaces
- Collaborate with business users to define and/or clarify requirements for new or modified features
- Provide direction and assist less experienced team members through mentoring, collaboration, and code reviews
- Troubleshoot and analyze issues with applications, processes, and data; determine appropriate action to resolve issues
- Determine flow and assignment of tasks to meet milestones, and guide team through agile development process to ensure on-time delivery of high quality final product
- Lead project components and perform project management duties for development of applications; oversee work of external resources
- Collaborate with Developers, Business Analysts, and users to assist in supporting day-to-day business functions
- Create new documentation and update existing documentation for IT systems and process; determine the related format, process, and diagrams to use in the creation of materials
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Associate degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in computer science or MIS
- Minimum five years’ experience in application development -.Net/Java/Python(AWS Lambda)/MuleSoft Anypoint platform
- Minimum two years of experience in building API standards and governance rules
- Demonstrated knowledge of Design and development of API governance rules to ensure API confirms to OWASP Top 10, HTTPS, Authentication and Authorization (OAuth 2), Open API, and Async API specifications
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development in a modern programming language required
- Basic knowledge of integration platforms and tools (e.g., MuleSoft, AWS API Gateway) required
- Demonstrated knowledge of design REST, Async, and GraphQL APIs
- Demonstrated knowledge of Open API standards
- Basic knowledge of on premise, cloud, and hybrid architectures preferred
- Basic understanding of database structure and architectures preferred
- Expert level of knowledge of business processes and system integration
- Understanding and adherence to software development standards, guidelines, and protocolAble to understand moderately complex business and technical solutions
- Ability to interpret established procedures and exercise judgment to resolve complex issues
- Ability to determine the best technology solutions to resolve problems
- Ability to write and understand complex programming queries
- Ability to utilize project management methodologies to achieve development objectives
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and solutions to non-technical users
- Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities
- Ability to self-motivate and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: d8be3f00-dc15-47d1-a2bd-68ae5b44d299