Solution Architect, Enterprise Architecture
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The Solution Architect designs and defines the end-to-end technical solution architecture, incorporating key elements of application, integrations, data, security, and platform architecture. This role collaborates with Business Product Owners to ensure the technical solution meets business requirements, while fitting into the broader Pilot Technology Ecosystem.
- Work as the Technical Subject Matter Expert in partnership with our Product Owners and IT Solution Owners to define the technical design for our products and applications.
- Provide architectural leadership to the project development teams for successful implementation per the specified design
- Work with our product organization to develop business requirements into architecture
- Define solution level architecture for project teams, including guidance on development tools, target platforms, operations, and security.
- Develop conceptual and detailed Architectures for highly scalable and fault-tolerant applications using Cloud
- Provide technical and architectural oversight for systems and projects that are required to be reliable, massively scalable, highly available (99.999% uptime), and maintainable.
- Enforce best practices and principles to enable consistent delivery and enable alignment with long term direction
- Stay up to date on new tools & techniques in the data space. Conduct a proof of concept activities with key business users in support of advanced use cases
- Review requirements across multiple applications and develop application models that span applications and domains
- Manage an application architecture governance process to include develop, communicate, and ensure adherence to architecture processes, principles, policies, and standards for the enterprise
- Bachelor’s degree required in computer science or related field
- Master’s degree preferred in computer science or related field
- Knowledge of software development using modern programming languages such as C#, .NET, .NET Core, Python, Java
- Knowledge of architecture diagramming, such as Microsoft Visio
- Nationwide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline