Specialist I, Facility Support
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to provide troubleshooting support and repair coordination for routine facility-related issues at travel center locations.
Liaise with store employees and vendors to ensure timely repair of facility issues at company sites in a cost effective manner
2. Compile and evaluate information about each facility repair issue to determine whether repair or replacement, based upon cost parameters, is the most appropriate and cost-effective solution
3. Calculate total job costs; manage the work order process to include creating purchase orders (P.O.), dispatching vendors, and approving work orders and cost revisions within authorized financial limits
4. Determine the most cost-effective means of sourcing parts and equipment
5. Coordinate with PFJ Regional Maintenance Technician and Service Technician dispatch teams to resolve issues in-house and minimize downtime and costs
6. Develop and maintain relationships with vendors to ensure competitive pricing and quality services
7. Provide training on basic facility maintenance procedures to store personnel using videos and other training materials
8. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
9. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
10. Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
- Minimum one year’s experience in retail facility support preferred
- Basic Microsoft Office skills with intermediate skills in Excel
- Basic knowledge of building systems (e.g., HVAC, fire systems, plumbing, electrical)
- Basic knowledge of facility management and Energy Management Systems (EMS)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.