Specialist I, Logistics-PM
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The purpose of this job is to perform activities related to fuel orders purchase and delivery for assigned company locations with the goal of preventing fuel outages and maintain optimal fuel inventory at the least total cost.
Come join a collaborative logistics team that provides great training and offers growth potential within a world-class supply chain function!
*** Schedule: 3/4 - 7PM-7AM (3 days one week, 4 days the next) ***
This schedule offers the benefit of having 3 or 4 days off in a row.
In this role you will:
- Plan, schedule, and execute delivery of hundreds of fuel loads per day accounting for millions of dollars in fuel buying decisions
- Analyze driver staffing, carrier loads, inventories, trucking costs, and fuel pricing to determine lowest cost action plan while preventing fuel outages and maintaining optimal fuel inventory
- Answer a high volume of daily telephone calls to assist drivers through various issues affecting original dispatch plan and delivery; determine alternative delivery plan and redirect drivers as needed
- Monitor store tank volumes and project sales demand to maintain inventories and avoid store outages
- Maintain tank levels at par value to optimize cash flow and allow for margin enhancement via market timing arbitrage
- Monitor gasoline and heating oil spot market prices and plan dispatches to capitalize on arbitrage opportunities and market volatility
- Review driver DOT hours and plan routes in a safe and efficient manner
- Collaborate daily with cross-functional teams (e.g., drivers, Supply Coordinators, store personnel and other Logistics Coordinators) to ensure purchase and delivery of fuel orders align with Key Performance Indicators
- High School diploma or equivalent certification required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, supply chain management, or engineering, or minimum three years’ experience in transportation dispatch or optimization required
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and make decisions that have a significant financial impact within a limited window of time
- Ability to analyze multiple data sources simultaneously
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects successfully
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective problem solving and situational analysis skills
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Strong organization and follow-up skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Gym and PFJFresh Cafeteria
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline