Specialist II, Facility Support
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to provide troubleshooting support and repair coordination moderately complex, facility-related repair issues at travel center locations for the in house Service Technician department.
1. Liaise with Service Technicians, store employees and vendors to ensure timely repair of facility issues at company sites in a cost effective manner
2. Compile and evaluate information about each facility repair issue to independently determine, based on established cost parameters, whether repair or replacement is the most appropriate and cost effective solution for company sites
3. Calculate total job costs; manage the work order process to include creating purchase orders (P.O.), dispatching Service Technicians, approving work orders and cost revisions within authorized financial limits
4. Determine the most cost-effective means of sourcing parts and equipment
5. Review invoices, reconcile with service calls and repair agreements and approve for completed work
6. Coordinate with PFJ Regional Facility Services and Service Technician dispatch teams to resolve issues in-house and minimize downtime and costs
7. Develop and maintain relationships with vendors to ensure competitive pricing and quality services
8. Identify new vendors and new equipment; collaborate with purchasing to negotiate rates with non-contracted vendors to optimize repair budgets
9. Supply updated assets information for the enterprise asset management (EAM) system
10. Provide training on basic facility maintenance procedures to store personnel using videos and other training materials
11. Be flexible for calls after hours, holidays and weekends as needed
12. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
13. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
14. Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
- Minimum two years’ experience in retail facility support (e.g., Specialist I role) or equivalent work experience required
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills with proficient skills in Excel
- Basic knowledge of building systems (e.g., HVAC, fire systems, plumbing, electrical)
- Basic knowledge of facility management and Energy Management Systems (EMS) Competencies
- High quality written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and follow-up
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to analyze, problem solve and make decisions
- Ability to collaborate with other team members and departments Travel Travel required less than 5% Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Able to load vehicles with equipment
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.