Specialist II, Settlements
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
1. Complete daily, weekly and monthly settlements of physical activity for Brokerage and Terminals.
2. Resolve invoice reconciliation discrepancies with external counterparties and internal scheduling and trading teams; ensure accuracy of activities recorded in trading system.
3. Generate invoicing statements and reports from Right Angle for cash forecasting; supply this information to settlements manager and accounting team
4. Review payment schedules, fees, rates and contract details to ensure information and payment timelines are accurate
5. Work collaboratively with internal and external counterparties, traders and position managers to build relationships
6. Identify, recommend and implement process improvements for commodity settlement and accounting activities
7. Assist manager with related projects and settlement analysis
8. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
9. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in accounting, finance or business- related field preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required; advanced skills preferred
- General knowledge of payables, receivables and inventory
- Experience using Right Angle or other Commodities Trading and Risk Management (CTRM) software a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to apply analytical, problem- solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize, execute tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline