Specialist, Retail Technology R10
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of the R10 Specialist is to work with the Manager, Technology Solutions and the ITSO to ensure the R10 and DAX/IM products run smoothly and efficiently. The R10 Specialist will stay engaged with the business to ensure they have the proper tools to succeed, both now and in the future.
1. Configuration management and software deployment
2. Manage integrations with and exports to other systems
3. Perform maintenance tasks
4. Understand and execute tasks to support security, PCI and CCPA compliance
5. Perform SQL work
6. Maintain RESB
7. Analyze logs/XML to perform troubleshooting tasks
8. Deploy and configure APP servers
9. Responsible for issue management for R10 and DAX/IM
10. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guest and team members are support at the highest level
Complete other duties as assigned
· Associates degree in business management, information technology, or related field required
· Bachelor’s degree in business management, information technology or related field preferred
· Two or more years general IT experience
· Knowledge of Microsoft Windows including Microsoft Office
· Knowledge of retail store software, digital or merchandising systems
· Knowledge of agile software development tools and techniques including Scrum and Kanban approaches
· Understanding of programming techniques
· Knowledge of root cause analysis (RCA) tools, brainstorming tools, and planning tools
· Ability to make independent decisions for identifying and troubleshooting issues
· Ability to prioritize tasks with input from business and IT team members
· Ability to identify risks and dependencies of project
· Strong organizational and attention to details skills
· Strong analytical thinking skill
· Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
· Strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment