Sr Accountant, Excise Tax
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to prepare and file monthly, quarterly, and annual tax returns including payment of and accounting for all related tax liabilities and maintenance of related tax records.
- File state and local excise tax returns
- Create and analyze supporting reports
- Perform tax, fuel and billing system tax rule maintenance
- Provide internal customer service by conducting excise tax research and response to internal departments
- Assist in the resolution of excise tax audits and notices
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
Pay Range: 72600.00 - 96200.00
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required
- Minimum one year excise tax experience preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Basic accounting knowledge preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to set priorities, multitask, meet deadlines, and resolve problems with a high sense of urgency
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Schedule Weekly Pay