Sr Analyst, Compensation
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Provide analysis and support of compensation programs, processes, and systems, including job analysis and evaluation, salary administration, and design and maintenance of base pay, short-term and long-term incentive programs. Under broad supervision, advise and counsel HR partners and managers on competitive pay decisions and application of compensation programs and policies.
1. Provide analytical support for a variety of compensation functions, systems, and initiatives including but not limited to salary surveys, compensation planning, annual merit and salary structure administration, and incentive plan design and maintenance.
2. Assist with compensation and salary administration programs including but not limited to promotion increases, market adjustments, new hire pay recommendations, and new store job pricing.
3. Perform job analysis and evaluation, working with managers and HR partners to develop or revise job descriptions; market price jobs at all organizational levels.
4. Review and analyze internal and external data to develop pay recommendations, advising managers on individual pay decisions to ensure consistency, equity, and competitiveness.
5. Participate in compensation surveys, matches job descriptions to survey positions, and prepares and analyzes survey data.
6. Assist in design, implementation, and maintenance of compensation functionality in Infor HR system.
7. With the Compensation team, monitor changes in the competitive and regulatory environment to ensure compensation programs and practices are competitive and compliant with all applicable laws and regulations.
8. Participate in the development of compensation policies and procedures.
9. Assist with bonus plan design, documentation, and communication.
10. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level.
11. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
12. Complete other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required and preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources or related area. A Master’s or advanced degree is desirable.
2. Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience is required in compensation, financial analysis, business intelligence, or related field.
3. CCP certification is highly desirable
4. HR systems experience
1. Strong mathematical aptitude and analytical skills required
2. Advanced Excel skills are required; proficient in entire Microsoft Office suite required
3. Knowledge and application of total rewards and compensation programs, including applicable federal, state and local regulations preferred
1. Ability to work independently as well as in partnership with the Compensation team and others with minimal supervision required
2. Ability to maintain attention to detail on multiple, simultaneous projects/priorities required
3. Excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to build and maintain relationships across the organization required
4. Ability to prioritize, multitask and manage multiple projects successfully required
5. Strong organizational skills with attention to detail required
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with different levels of the organization required
7. Effective problem solving and situation analysis skills required
8. Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills required
9. Ability to work and meet goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment required
10. Ability to provide excellent customer service required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.