Sr Analyst, Contracts
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have 750+ retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to support the trading office, legal group, by generating, reviewing, and sending contracts that confirm sales or purchases of commodities with third parties and brokers.
in this role you will:
- Generate trade contracts from RightAngle for purchasing and/or sales transactions; review to ensure that contracts contain accurate information
- Provide initial redline review of various contracts as directed by Contracts Manager
- Resolve discrepancies and inaccuracies in contracts by communicating with traders, customers and brokers; escalate to Contracts Manager
- Provide oversight and guidance to I, and II Analyst, Trade Contracts
- Reconcile broker recaps with deal recaps; generate contract exception reports for Contracts Manager
- Maintain the accuracy of database information in RightAngle by reviewing broker recaps, third party contracts and contract correspondence for appropriate tagging with deals
- Adhere to risk control guidelines for trade confirmation process; follow up on contracts that are non-compliant with confirmation timelines
- Collaborate and support the Commercial Credit Team
- Degree or Master’s degree in business administration, finance or related field required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with oil and gas contracts on a trading floor required; two years’ waterborne experience preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required
- Understanding of contract terminology, potential contractual risk, and energy industry contract administration required
- Experience using RightAngle or other ETRM software preferred
- Understanding of market and pricing curves
- Understanding of industry standards and conditions
- Understanding of product terminology general terms of all products and methods of transportation used in S&D industry
* Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
* 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
* Adoption Assistance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Weekly Pay