Sr Analyst, Market Risk
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have 750+ retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Join Pilot to provide risk analysis and daily reporting support of Trading exposures, monitor exposures against PFJ set risk limits, and bring to the attention of the Market Risk Manager any breach of risk limits.
In this role you will:
- Review, analyze, interpret, and provide daily risk exposure reporting; identify and resolve issues related to market risk
- Monitor Trading activity and report any breaches in positions or risk limits.
- Monitor exposure against PFJ set Risk Limits and report any breaches to Head of Market Risk.
- Monitor overnight risk system processes each morning to make sure there were no issues with source system data extracts, including generated log files.
- Monitor intra-day trading activity such as new trades and potential P&L changes due to changes in market conditions outside normal trading activities.
- Analyze and understand positions being taken by Traders and design ad hoc reports to communicate major P&L movements and potential market impact on these positions.
- Identify areas for improvements and continual development of risk systems
- Articulate factors driving day-to-day P&L changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science required
- Master’s degree in Finance or Statistics preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ energy industry experience required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a trading environment preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required; strong Excel required
- Familiarity with ETRM systems such as RightAngle, Endur, or Allegro highly desired
- Proficiency in a programming language such as SQL, Python, and R
- Understanding of VaR models and Statistical methods in the analysis of the Market Risk process in a trading environment
- Understanding of front, middle, and back-office business and operational risks impacting an energy marketing function required
* Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
* 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
* Adoption Assistance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Weekly Pay