Sr Architect, Mobile Applications Development
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to lead the development of solution architecture for Apple iOS and/or Android mobile applications.
1. Architect, design, and develop scalable, resilient and fast iOS and/or Android mobile applications
2. Lead and participate in producing deliverables (including architecture, technical design, and code development) to high quality standards
3. Perform the necessary leadership, analysis, and design tasks related to the development of mobile solution architecture
4. Work closely with Product Management and development teams to satisfy business requirements for new features
5. Take ownership of the solution architecture from end to end and be responsible for translating functional requirements into a mobile solution
6. Act as a technical advisor to application development teams to plan, implement, and support new and existing mobile applications
7. Recommend future architecture by applying solid understanding of emerging technologies
8. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
9. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
10. Complete other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree required in computer science or related field
· Master’s degree preferred in computer science or related field
Minimum of 7+ years of experience developing complex mobile applications
· Expert knowledge of mobile application development using modern programming languages such as Objective-C, Swift, and Java
· Expert knowledge of UI design to make mobile applications visually appealing on mobile devices and tablets
· ?? Experience with Git
· Experience integrating to RESTful APIs in a manner that is architecturally sound for mobile applications
· Experience with cache strategies, including local device caching and edge caching
· Demonstrable ability to use OS frameworks for multi-threading, data persistence, and adapting user interface across multiple screen sizes
· Familiarity with ad integration, cloud message APIs and push notifications
· Experience with Microsoft Visio preferred
· Ability to set and manage priorities
· Advanced strategic and critical thinking skills with a long-term perspective
· Ability to solve complex technical problems
Travel required less than 5%
· General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.