Sr Business Analyst
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Do you enjoy analyzing IT projects and IT product? In this role, you will requests (e.g., custom software development, third party product implementations) by defining the business need, understanding the cause, and devising a solution(s) in collaboration with product owners, business sponsors, business stakeholders, development and quality assurance teams, scrum masters and project managers throughout the project and/or product lifecycle.
- Conduct scope discovery meetings to elicit detailed requirements (e.g., creation of user stories and acceptance criteria) from product owners, business sponsors, development managers and project managers.
- Communicate in clear manner with variety of stakeholders and team members (development (onshore and offshore), other IT teams, senior leadership (IT and business), end users, vendors, etc.).
- Serve as liaison between business and IT (accompany product owner when they exist) .
- Work with product owners to organize and prioritize the backlog of requests.
- Facilitate discussions and assist business units with producing specific project documentation for governance review, streamlining business processes, etc.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify risks for projects and determine how to mitigate them.
- Participate in Scrum ceremonies, serve as Scrum Master if needed on applicable projects and help facilitate any additional meetings.
- Assist project managers with compiling project updates to present to senior leadership and perform project management responsibilities as needed.
- Support the quality assurance team and product users during testing and validation.
- Develop plans and strategies for ongoing communication with Pilot leadership and stakeholders to help direct and manage business expectations throughout project lifecycles.
- Work with vendor and third-party business analysts to maintain requirement integrity and ensure Pilot retains all relevant knowledge.
- Participate in and contribute to the Pilot Business Analyst Community of Practice (CoP).
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or refined products energy/trading experience required
- Minimum five years’ business analysis work experience required
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment preferred
- Agile Analyst certification preferred
- Scrum Master certification preferred
- Training in business process modeling preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (Visio, Excel, Word, Outlook, OneNote, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Familiarity and experience with Atlassian tools, specifically JIRA, Confluence, Tempo
- Knowledge of the software development process
- In-depth understanding of Agile Scrum and Kanban development frameworks
- Capability to create and understand complex system architecture and network diagrams
- Understanding of project management process
- Excellent written, verbal, and public speaking communication skills
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand highly complex systems that cross multiple functions and business units
- Ability to apply in-depth knowledge for evaluation, modification, implementation and optimization of new or enhanced systems and business processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop relationships, manage stakeholder expectations, collaborate and build consensus within a team
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Excellent organizational skills with acute attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with and make presentations to large and small groups from various levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, meet goals and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Travel required less than 5%
- Nationwide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline