Sr Data Scientist, Connect
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The purpose of this job is to solve complex business problems as a subject
matter expert and deliver commercial value by performing exploratory data
analysis, building models, and designing and analyzing experiments.
1. Conduct advanced statistical and other analysis to provide
actionable insights, identify trends, and measure performance.
2. Perform analyses in areas such as loyalty/consumer analytics, time
series forecasting, price elasticity and optimization, clustering, and
3. Build models using techniques such as regression, logistic
regression, and additional machine learning models.
4. Collaborate with business stakeholders and strategists to identify
areas of opportunity for data science solutions that will deliver
5. Collaborate with data engineering to define feature requirements
and data quality tests.
6. Coordinate with machine learning engineers to scale and maintain
data science solutions.
7. Ability to measure the impact of data science solutions.
8. Use and analyze existing data science solutions to perform tasks in a
reproducible, repeatable manner
9. Maintain own expertise in current technical field by engaging
in opportunities for professional development and
10. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose;
ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
11. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations,
policies, and procedures
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in fields such as statistics, econometrics, business analytics, data science, etc.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant industry experience (exploratory data analysis, model building, causal inference, etc.)
- Experience deploying and maintaining productionized data science
Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
Onsite Gym and Cafeteria
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.