Sr Data Strategist
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Do you enjoy identifying, designing, and promoting the adoption of analytics and the utilization of business intelligence, 2) evaluate, implement, support, and provide training on business intelligence solutions throughout the organization, and 3) provide mentorship and training for the Business Intelligence (BI) Data Strategist team. This may be the position for you.
- .Support the Data Strategist team as a subject matter expert
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the industry’s analytical and reporting tools and engage in opportunities for professional development and mentoring of BI team members
- Responsible for the planning, development, deployment and reporting on products and services created by BI
- Collaborate with BI team and business partners to ensure project deliverables and timelines are achieved
- Research and design improvements for legacy reporting
- Merge business knowledge with various complex data sources to produce reports, dashboards, and analyses
- Assist internal business partners with using data to create benchmarks, make informed decisions and improve processes
- Monitor and maintain enterprise BI environments to ensure adoption and utilization of data products
- Assist Human Resources and BI managers with recruiting and interview process; provide feedback and recommendations
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in business analytics, statistics, mathematics, or economics field required * Minimum of eight years experience using query languages within relationship database management systems (RDBMS) required
- Minimum five years’ experience with report writing and data visualization software required
- Minimum five years’ experience in a customer-facing role required
- Experience with OLAP Data Modeling and ETL Processes preferred Specialized Knowledge
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies required; Scrum Master or Product Owner certification preferred
- Mastery of SQL preferred
- Experience using Python and/or the "R" language preferred * Mastery of data visualization best practices preferred
- Expertise with version control and coding best practices preferred
- Experience deploying code into development, test, QA/AC, and production environments preferred Competencies
- Ability to lead and motivate a team, and recognize team and individual successes and challenges
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to set priorities, manage multiple project timelines and guide the work of team members
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service and maintain excellent customer relationships
- Ability and receptiveness to be mentored in professional and technical development *
- Ability to differentiate between "interesting" and "valuable" projects
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Nationwide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline