Sr Developer, Digital Integrations
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Pilot Flying J’s Digital Development Team is seeking a Digital Integrations Developer to join a highly agile digital integrations development team. This team oversees a diverse portfolio of back-end services across multiple technology stacks to deliver high-value features for our customers and business partners through our front-end applications.
This role offers an opportunity to leverage your existing skillset and become grounded in best development practices and the Pilot Flying J culture. You will be involved in, and greatly influence, all aspects of systems analysis & design, development, maintenance, and enhancement for back-end applications. You will architect, troubleshoot, and code within an agile and innovative culture.
You will help grow our Digital Integrations products and services, with a focus on our long-term technology roadmap. You can expect to solve problems, empower others, and positively impact the organization. We work in a friendly atmosphere where you must deliver, but where your teammates are at your side to help you when necessary, not to compete with you.
As we strive to make a better day for our team members and guests, we look to continually enhance our digital properties.
- Participate in the planning, analysis, design, and creation of back-end applications
- Create and develop features and functionality for scalable back-end applications applying independent judgement and professional expertise
- Create clean, maintainable, and testable code with supporting documentation and automated unit tests
- Provide input for application architecture, API contract and endpoint requirements with front-end teams, unit and integration testing, and third-party library/external API integration
- Provide support for existing services and applications including troubleshooting and bug fixes
- Collaborate with support staff and other team members on the proper use and troubleshooting of applications
- Work closely with other back-end developers, front-end developers, QA analysts, business analysts, and product managers in a highly collaborative and agile team environment
- Collaborate with business users to define and/or clarify requirements for new or modified features
- Assist with coordination of product releases with the team and management
- Assist team members through mentoring, collaboration, and code reviews
- Monitor industry trends and advocate for back-end development best practices
- Identify technical debt and collaborate with other team members for the best path forward to mitigate and modernize the product and platforms
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Experience with .NET Core / .NET 4, 5 & 6
- Experience with MuleSoft or similar integration platform
- Experience with trunk-based development practices and iterating on ever-evolving CI/CD pipelines
- Strong understanding of headless CMS platforms such as Contentstack or Contentful
- Minimum 5+ years in application development required or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years’ experience with SQL Server development, queries/scripts, stored procedures, etc. and SSMS
- 3+ years’ experience in back-end application development, including RESTful APIs and web services with applications
- 3+ years’ experience in Agile/Scrum application development
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio IDE
- Experience with cloud-based development such as AWS, and containerization such as Docker
- Strong proficiency and experience with languages such as .NET C#, SQL, and PostgreSQL, and Java
- Understanding of code management tools such as GitHub
- Understanding of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or GitHub Actions
- Experience creating and maintaining robust and well-documented API endpoints
- Experience designing and architecting microservice-based platforms
- Experience with automated unit testing, profiling of applications, and creating/running load tests
- Ability to create developer-friendly APIs and generate documentation
- Strong understanding of databases (relational, non-relational, etc.) and data management.
- Experience improving the quality and structure of previously written code.
- High affinity with infrastructure, security, and monitoring/alerting on production operations.
- Ability to write and understand complex programming queries
- Ability to understand moderately complex business and technical solutions
- Ability to understand the fundamentals of computer science, specifically algorithms and data structures
- Ability to apply professional expertise to contribute to team objectives and outcomes as guided
- Ability to interpret established procedures and exercise judgment to resolve issues of medium complexity
- Ability to determine the best technology solutions to resolve problems
- Ability to utilize project management methodologies to achieve development objectives
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and solutions to non-technical users
- Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities
- Ability to self-motivate and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with frequent production releases
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- ‘One-team’ mentality
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Able to work evenings, weekends and odd hours as needed
- Nationwide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline