Sr Developer, Enterprise Applications
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have 750+ retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Come join a team of software developers and build cutting edge fuel and energy supply chain management software that is used to source more than 10 billion gallons of fuel per year and sell to our rapidly expanding wholesale customer base. This position works primarily in .NET software with opportunities to work with T-SQL, Angular, WPF, WebAPI, and C#. You should apply to this position if you are passionate about being part of a team, solving complicated business problems, and developing unique, custom software.
- Create and develop new application software as well as develop features and functionality for existing software with limited guidance from management or senior team members
- Provide support for existing software applications, including moderate troubleshooting and bug fixes
- Add features, fixes, and enhancements to new and existing applications, processes, and reports; recommend technology to use; assist in determining solution for development of new features and enhancements
- Independently troubleshoot and analyze basic issues with applications, processes, data, and reports; help determine appropriate action to follow to resolve these issues
- Test application code, features, functionality, and fixes; assist quality assurance (QA) as needed
- Collaborate with Developers, Business Analysts, Project Managers, and users to support basic day-to-day business functions
- Collaborate with business users to clarify requirements for moderately complex new or existing features
- Assist in training support staff and other team members on the proper use and troubleshooting of software applications
- Create new documentation and update existing documentation for IT systems and process; follow the recommended format, process, and diagrams to be used in the creation of materials
- Assist junior team members through mentoring, collaboration, and code reviews
Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
Ensure all activities comply with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
Complete other duties as assigned
- Minimum three years’ experience in application development
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required; Master's degree is a plus, preferably in computer science or MIS
- C#.Net development experience required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows development environment required
- Advanced knowledge of REST API development required
- Skilled in T/SQL and basic database skills required. The ability to write and understand moderately complex queries preferred
- Experience using a variety of languages and platforms such as HTML, Java, Python, ASP, VB.Net, .Net Core, Powershell, and MVC is preferred
- Knowledge and prior experience with with cloud computing, especially AWS, is preferred
Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
Onsite Gym and Cafeteria
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.