Sr Developer, iOS Applications
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Pilot Flying J’s Digital Development Team is seeking an iOS Application Developer to join a highly agile mobile development team. This team oversees a diverse portfolio around the Pilot Flying J myRewards+ mobile application to deliver high-value features for our customers and business partners.
This role offers an opportunity to leverage your existing skillset and become grounded in best development practices and the Pilot Flying J culture. You will be involved in, and greatly influence, all aspects of systems analysis & design, development, maintenance, and enhancement for mobile applications. You will architect, troubleshoot, and code within an agile and innovative culture.
You will help grow our mobile products and services, with a focus on our long-term technology roadmap. You can expect to solve problems, empower others, and positively impact the organization. We work in a friendly atmosphere where you must deliver, but where your teammates are at your side to help you when necessary, not to compete with you.
As we strive to make a better day for our team members and guests, we look to continually enhance our mobile applications
- Participate in the planning, analysis, creation, and design of mobile applications
- Create and develop features and functionality for scalable consumer mobile applications applying independent judgement and professional expertise
- Create clean, maintainable, and tested code with supporting documentation and automated unit tests
- Provide direction for application architecture, API contract and endpoint requirements, unit and integration testing, and third-party library integration
- Provide support for existing applications including troubleshooting and bug fixes
- Train support staff and other team members on the proper use and troubleshooting of applications
- Work closely with UI/UX designers, backend developers, frontend developers, QA analysts, business analysts, and product managers in a highly collaborative and agile team environment
- Collaborate with business users to define and/or clarify requirements for new or modified features
- Coordinate product releases with the team and management
- Provide direction and assist team members through mentoring, collaboration, and code reviews
- Determine flow and assignment of tasks to meet milestones and guide them through the agile development process to ensure on-time delivery of high-quality final product
- Lead project components and perform project management duties for development of applications; oversee work of external resources
- Monitor industry trends and advocate for mobile development best-practices
- Identify technical debt and collaborate with management on strategic placement on the product roadmaps
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Strong understanding of headless CMS platforms such as Contentstack or Contentful
- Experience with App Store Connect storefront management and releases
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD platforms such as GitHub Actions, Jenkins, etc.
- Collaborating with Android developers to ensure parity across mobile application platforms
- Minimum 3+ years in mobile application development required or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years’ experience in native iOS mobile application development using Xcode, Swift, and Objective-C
- 3+ years’ experience in Agile/Scrum application development
- 5+ years’ experience integrating RESTful APIs, or similar technologies, and web services with applications
- Experience with the MVVM architectural pattern
- Experience with newer iOS toolkits and libraries such as SwiftUI
- Experience creating automated unit tests
- Experience improving the quality and structure of previously written code.
- Experience working with UI/UX designers on an interface and experience requirements, and working from objective mockups
- Ability to write and understand complex programming queries
- Ability to understand moderately complex business and technical solutions
- Ability to understand the fundamentals of computers science, specifically algorithms and data structures
- Ability to apply professional expertise to contribute to team objectives and outcomes as guided
- Ability to interpret established procedures and exercise judgment to resolve issues of medium complexity
- Ability to determine the best technology solutions to resolve problems
- Ability to utilize project management methodologies to achieve development objectives
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and solutions to non-technical users
- Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities
- Ability to self-motivate and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with frequent production releases
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Nationwide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline