Sr Director, Enterprise and IT Service Delivery
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The Sr Director of Service Delivery will lead the functions necessary to ensure stability and support of the technologies and applications powering Pilot Company business services. These functions are grouped into 2 strategic pairings: IT Service Operations & Application Support. These functions must work in harmony with our IT Teams, Business Partners, Team Members, Customers and Guest.
This highly visible role interacts with all aspects of the organization and is responsible for ensuring stability and continuous improvement in the performance of Pilot Company applications. This includes the activities associated with the overall readiness of taking systems into production.
- Transition and continually evolve Service Delivery to a high-performance, cost-effective model
- Create the strategic direction of the Service Delivery team instilling a culture of continuous service improvement
- Create, communicate, and execute the Service Delivery roadmap initiatives
- Set example to build strong teams and evangelize Pilot culture and winning ways
- Select, coach, and develop direct reports. Includes setting goals, appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews.
- Ensure that the staff assigned to support activities are properly equipped with the skills and tools needed to complete their duties and understand significance and impact to business services when not functioning
- Collaborate with Business Partners, IT Teams, and other service providers to understand, establish and document service requirements and SLAs
- Cultivate partnership with business partners and establish regular communication and feedback processes
- Establish and maintain necessary metrics and controls for operational excellence
- Establish and maintain documentation necessary to learn, know and support Pilots technology and application portfolio
- Ensure application and support readiness for major events such as Go-Lives, Win-the-Summer, Year-End processing, etc.
- Ensure incidents are appropriately managed, root causes identified, and remediation activities are completed effectively
- Ensure quality and process standards are in place so that changes can be made without disruption to the production environment
- Ensure that the underlying management and Service Delivery teams understand the entire solution to include application, infrastructure, and data components so that they are capable of leading troubleshooting of their holistic areas
- Manage and monitor activity and cost of 3rd party providers to ensure our value proposition is met
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Business, or related field preferred, not required
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Knowledge of data analysis and reporting structures
- 3+ years’ experience working within IT and business teams
- Knowledge of ITIL and ITSM best practices
- Knowledge of PFJ Service Delivery product
- Project management experience preferred
- Knowledge of project methodologies and release (Agile and Waterfall)
- ITIL and ITSM best practices
- Expert knowledge of service delivery products and tools
- Ability to motivate and lead a team
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency
- Business acumen and ability to align with company goals
- Ability to drive results
- Ability to think critically and analyze
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business acumen and presentation skills
- Ability to demonstrate leadership through activities such as directing meetings and coaching other team members
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while managing multiple priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to assign tasks, set goals, and review performance of others
- Ability to create service delivery structure based on research and executive alignment
- Travel required 10-20%
- Requires a high energy level and persistence
- This function is supporting a 24x7x365 operation and at times will involve engagement outside of traditional work schedules
- General office work requiring more mental effort than physical