Sr Engineer, Network
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The purpose of this job is to plan, design, test, and maintain store and corporate network infrastructures and systems, and monitor network performance, and provide Level 3 store and corporate network support.
- Provide technical expertise in the management of public and private networks; test and analyze network facilities, including network control software, routers, switches, lines, modems, adapters, and servers
- Research networking requirements; prepare detailed architectural and installation plans
- Conduct internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis
- Monitor data traffic and control network resource performance to ensure high-quality transmission
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve escalated technical problems related to network failure and integrity, and usage of PC hardware and software
- Conduct cable and equipment installations
- Evaluate new technologies based on understanding of business and technical needs
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required; associate degree in computer science or network related field preferred
- Minimum three years’ network troubleshooting experience preferred
- Knowledge in cloud networking. (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Advance Knowledge with Firewalls (Cisco, Pala Alto)
- Advance switching and routing knowledge required
- Experience in in multi data centers, network De
- Intermediate AWS networking preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required
- Intermediate Microsoft Visio skills required
- Experience with Cisco ACI
- Experience with Cisco Meraki
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) designation, including CCNA Routing and Switching required
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) designation preferred
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) designation preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 6f4e6642-fc0e-4298-abf8-82c584082cd1