Sr Engineer, Salesforce
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Shameek Konar, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to provide support for the various Salesforce applications, processes, data, and reports utilized by the company, guests, and vendors; develop fixes, features, and enhancements for new and existing applications; serve as a technical project leader.
- Provide technology solutions to various business issues across the enterprise
- Create and develop new application software as well as develop features and functionality for existing software; test application code, features, functionality, and fixes; provide quality assurance (QA) for Developers as needed
- Serve as point of contact for business users, app support and other Developers for questions regarding current applications and processes; provide support for existing applications including troubleshooting and bug fixes
- Leverage technology to increase productivity and efficiency at the Sales and Support Center (SSC) and stores as well as provide a superior guest and customer experience
- Train support staff and other team members on the proper use and/or troubleshooting of software applications
- Collaborate with business users to define needs; identify technology and develop solution for adding new features, fixes and enhancement for new and existing applications, processes, and reports
- Provide direction and assist less experienced team members through mentoring, collaboration, and code reviews
- Mentor team members at the skilled and advanced levels with focus on complex principles related to the skill
- Act as subject matter expert in Salesforce solutions and application development
- Determine flow and assignment of tasks to meet milestones and guide team through agile development process to ensure on-time delivery of high-quality final product
- Lead project components and perform project management duties for development of applications; oversee work of external resources
- Troubleshoot and analyze issues with applications, processes, data, and reports; determine appropriate action to follow to resolve issues
- Collaborate with Developers, Business Analysts, and users to assist in supporting day-to-day business functions
- Create new documentation and update existing documentation for IT systems and process; determine the related format, process, and diagrams to be used in the creation of materials
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in computer science, MIS or related field
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in the Salesforce domain with experience delivering complex projects.
- Minimum 7 years experience in application development
- Salesforce Developer Certification preferred (but not required)
- Demonstrated knowledge developing solutions on the Salesforce Platform and experience implementing solutions by mapping customer’s business processes to Salesforce capabilities (i.e. Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Communities)
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce Apex, Lightning, Triggers, Batch, Visualforce, SOQL, SFDX, OOP Concepts.
- Demonstrated knowledge with automating business processes using Salesforce automation tools, Process Builder.
- Experience integrating Salesforce.com with other systems using middleware such as Mulesoft, REST APIs, SOAP.
- Familiarity with platform authentication patterns (SAML, SSO, OAuth)
- Knowledge of SQL and the ability to write and understand complex queries preferred.
- Understanding and adherence to software development standards, guidelines, and protocols.
Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
Onsite Gym and Cafeteria
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: f9b237b1-99e9-4b6b-881c-3d4be4f334a7