Sr Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis will be responsible for leading the company's financial planning and analysis functions, including financial forecasting, budgeting, and analysis of financial results. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker who can collaborate with other departments to develop and implement financial plans that support the company's overall business objectives.
- Grow, lead, and develop FP&A analysts to be forward thinking thought partners for our business leaders
- Collaborate with the CFO and Senior Leadership to develop and implement financial strategies and initiatives that align with the company's overall goals and objectives
- Be a thought partner to business leaders, provide ad hoc analysis to support their departments, and assist in reporting, presentations, and analytical initiatives as directed by leadership
- Prepare and present pre-project and post-project analysis for potential new sites, software implementations, and all potential projects requiring a significant investment
- Manage various short- and long-term financial projects for business segments and across departments
- Conduct complex financial analysis to support decision making on strategic initiatives, including mergers and acquisitions, capital investments, and divestitures
- Generate forecasts and analyze trends in sales, finance, and other areas of the business
- Prepare, examine, and analyze associated accounting records, financial statements, and reports prior to publication of monthly P&L
- Create, maintain, and manage G&A budgets for various departments through the company
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or business required
- Professional certification (such as CPA or CFA) or Graduate Degree in related area (such as MBA or Master in Accounting) preferred
- Minimum 5 years of previous related work experience required
- Previous financial analysis work experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Demonstrated understanding of data analytics and reporting
- Working knowledge of various financial, reporting, and database systems including Tableau, Infor depm, Lawson/ S3, Birst
- Possess financial acumen
- Ability to manage projects and multiple priorities with minimal supervision under tight deadlines
- Excellent strategic, analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Teamwork, conflict management, influencing, and negotiating skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate financial principles and practices with non-finance team members
Travel required less than 5%
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Able to work evenings, weekends, and odd hours, as needed
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3323d5d2-c55d-4e68-bd63-0ecea188e487