Sr Manager, Retail Supply Chain
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this role is to lead, strategize, organize, and oversee all activities involved in the identification, acquisition, production, and distribution of the company’s goods, leading the efficient, cost-effective transport of product from distribution warehouses to our retail stores across the United States and Canada.
1. Oversee the procurement and delivery of product from manufacturers to distribution centers to stores in the most cost-effective manner and achieve precise delivery on-time requirements
2. Manage inbound and outbound freight and logistics across the entire assortment
3. Manage domestic and international transportation budgets, expenses and invoices to meet cost of goods targets as set by the category management team
4. Communicate with domestic and international external carriers to resolve issues
5. Respond to emergency and changing situations to guarantee deliveries to stores
6. Set, track, analyze, and report data and KPIs to measure transportation and distribution performance
7. Communicate with divisions and stores to address and resolve delivery or transportation issues
8. Partner with category management on the scheduling, receipt and delivery of the seasonal and promotional goods
9. Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports
10. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
11. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
12. Complete other duties as assigned
1. Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Procurement, Business, Finance, Retail Management, or a related field required
2. Minimum ten years of experience in supply chain, procurement, distribution, logistics, retail management, financial planning, category management, buying, replenishment, operations, or a related field required
3. Minimum of seven years of experience as a supervisor, manager, or similar relevant position required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.