Sr Strategist, Connect
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to research and evaluate complex data in order to identify and test advance strategies to deliver maximum value for Pilot Flying J (PFJ).
1. Research, evaluate, recommend, and implement strategies to enhance PFJ performance
2. Communicate and collaborate with the Connect team, cross-functional departments and leaders within the organization to accomplish strategic objectives
3. Adapt, evolve and leverage methodologies, frameworks, and toolkits to effectively design and deliver engagements to solve business and customer challenges
4. Deliver internal coaching and training to influence and successfully implement adoption of best practices company wide
5. Maintain, monitor and report on project plans, project schedules, and deliverables; communicate progress to stakeholders through timely status updates
6. Organize key meetings, document and follow up on important actions and decisions
7. Proactively manage changes in scope of projects, identify risks and potential crises in advance, and engage the proper stakeholders
8. Assist with internal management of project finance, calendars, timelines and resources; evaluate and proactively manage the "big picture" across multiple projects
9. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
10. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
11. Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required
- Minimum three years’ work experience at Pilot Flying J required
- Minimum one year’s experience in agile environments (e.g., Jira, Confluence) preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Understanding of Scrum/Agile methodology
- Understanding and experience with scientific methodology for projects and research
- Aptitude for understanding software development process
- Familiarity with coding and database capabilities
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.