Sr Strategist, Connect
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
As a part of our Connect team you will be at the center of cutting-edge analytics, critical decision making and be surrounded by humble smart talent who wants to win!
- Responsible for developing omnichannel analytic capabilities including explanatory & predictive variance, segmentation & A/B testing
- Provide insight across data sources (transactional, loyalty, etc.) to demonstrate impact and provide KPI measurement of promotional campaigns, digital messaging & guest engagement
- Develop & create sustainable performance measurement capabilities for dialogue with key suppliers & stakeholders
- Support the PFJ Loyalty, Merchandising & Marketing teams to achieve the comprehensive PFJ omnichannel vision and value proposition
- Partner with Data Science & Engineering team members to access and organize key data sources. Advise on & explore prospective new data sources to drive business value
- Perform exploratory data analysis, design solutions, document findings and communicate information and results to business partners in a concise and repeatable manner
- Assist internal business partners with using data to create industry benchmarks, make informed decisions and improve/automate processes
- Research and design improvements for legacy reporting
- Mentor members of the larger Business Strategist team and provide peer review
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry’s analytical and reporting tools
- Knowledge of statistical computing & graphic languages such as Python or R, or a combination of advanced query language (e.g. SQL) & Excel skills required
- Expertise in data visualization best practices required (Tableau preferred)
- Expertise with version control and best practices required
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies required Competencies
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work as a member of a team to achieve stated goals
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision *
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service and maintain excellent customer relationships
- Ability to be mentored in professional and technical development
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Travel requires is less than 10%
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay