Sr Technical Writer
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The Technical Writer drives the creation of the documentation framework and methodology to provide consistency and efficiency across IT. This position leads technical writing standards and practices for developers, testers, product owners, support analysts, and end users.
- Develop, design, and lead technical writing processes and establish consistent standards and requirements for the IT department’s technical documentation.
- Work collaboratively with subject matter experts (e.g., developers, testers, end users) to analyze requirements, system processes and functions for both existing (legacy) systems and new initiatives.
- Compose and revise project, support, and user documents with an understanding towards project requirements, business processes, and support procedures.
- Organize and consolidate supporting documents to improve end-user experience through documentation changes and updates.
- Communicate with business and IT team members to provide documentation updates, feedback, and instructions.
- Gather feedback from the business and IT teams around usability and effectiveness of disseminated documentation.
- Research and identify documentation tools, procedures, and best practices as it relates to the IT industry.
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
Onsite Gym and Cafeteria
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines