Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
The purpose of this job is to lead digital and analytic transformations, utilizing the talents of the data science team and analytical knowledge to meet the needs of the business and increase Pilot Flying J gross profit dollars (GP$).
1. Connect business to data, analytics, and IT in order to identify and drive profit capture through analytical means
2. Identification of opportunities to increase GP$ and find efficiencies as well as analytical use cases
3. Oversee development, proof of value, rollout and adoption of potential tools and analytics
4. Support business partners through constant communication, feedback gathering, teaching, and translation
5. Support data science and analytics through thought partnership, sharing of ideas, feedback communication, and translation
6. Problem solve to ensure end solutions are the best fit for Pilot and the company’s strategic view
7. Review the solutions that have been implemented to measure their performance and impact and communicate the results to relevant parties
8. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
9. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
10. Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required with business, analytics, mathematics or science fields preferred
- Minimum one year of industry or company experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required
- Tableau, GIS, and other analysis or visualization tool expertise preferred
- Python, R and other coding languages a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.