Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to supervise the accounts payable function, and oversee the completion of ledger accounts and financial statements.
1. Supervise and provide daily oversight of team; select, coach, train, and develop direct reports to include appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews
2. Assist the manager in producing and reviewing various financial reports
3. Implement accounting policies under direction of the manager
4. Oversee calculating, posting, verifying, and typing duties to obtain and record financial data for use in maintaining accounting and statistical records
5. Lead most day-to-day operations of the group
6. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
7. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
8. Complete other duties as assigned
Additional Non-essential Duties (Optional Section)
1. Maintain, collect, and reconcile accounts payable ledger accounts, financial statements and reports
2. Prepare analyses and reconciliations to detect fraud
3. Respond to department related inquiries via email and phone call
4. Handle escalated issues which require additional support approval
5. Review contracts and implement settlement processes
6. Provide financial support, including forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing variations from budget
7. Create and prepare audit schedules to support internal and external requests
1. High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
2. Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required
3. Minimum five years’ experience in accounting or related area required
4. Minimum one year’s supervisory experience preferred
1. Advanced Microsoft Office skills
2. Familiarity with Lawson or similar software
3. Familiarity with Structured Query Language (SQL) programming language for data management
1. Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
2. Ability to take initiative, work independently or collaboratively with a team
3. Ability to think strategically and analytically in day-to-day decisions and long-range planning
4. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and mentor others on the team to do the same
5. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse team
6. Ability to model agility and work effectively in a fast-paced, frequently changing business environment
7. Ability to adapt to new technologies
Travel required is less than 5%
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
1. General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.