Supervisor, Corporate Accounting
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have 750+ retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Bring your experience to help Pilot prepare financial statements for internal and external users; collect and analyze financial data ensuring compliance with reporting guidelines.
- Supervise and provide daily oversight of team; select, coach, train, and develop direct reports to include appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews
- Assist the manager in producing and reviewing various financial reports
- Implement accounting policies under direction of the manager
- Lead day-to-day operations of the group who perform general accounting activities including the preparation, maintenance, and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements such as balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements, and capital expenditure schedules
- Prepare, record, analyze, and report accounting transactions and ensure the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles
- Provide financial support, including forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing variations from budget
- Analyze and prepare statutory accounts, financial statements, and reports
- Conduct or assist in the documentation of accounting projects
- Research accounting rules and regulations and make recommendations regarding company policy
- Perform special projects as assigned
The following additional duty may also be required: Manage areas including but not limited to PIP administration, leases, fixed assets, cash concentration, rebate accounting and general ledger management
Pay Rates Starting between: $74,000.00 - $98,100.00 / year
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Minimum four years’ experience in accounting or related area required
- CPA preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Familiarity with Lawson or general ledger (GL) accounting software preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), and tax laws preferred
* Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
* 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
* Adoption Assistance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Weekly Pay