Supervisor, Fuel Accounting
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to manage the general accounting function, and oversee the completion of ledger accounts and financial statements.
- Supervise and provide daily oversight of team; select, coach, train, and develop direct reports to include appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews
- Assist the manager in producing and reviewing various financial reports
- Implement accounting policies under the direction of the manager
- Oversee calculating, posting, verifying, and typing duties to obtain and record financial data for use in maintaining accounting and statistical records
- Lead most day-to-day operations of the group
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting preferred
- Minimum three years’ experience in accounting with Accounts Payable focus required
- Minimum two years’ supervisory experience preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Familiarity with Lawson or similar software
- Familiarity with Structured Query Language (SQL) programming languages preferred
- Experience working with large volumes of data from disparate data sources and ability to turn results into meaningful and actionable intelligence
- Familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), and tax laws
- Ability to manage and lead a team
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong teamwork, problem solving, conflict management, influencing, and negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate financial principles and practices with non-finance team members
- Ability to work with and collaborate with other departments
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.