Supervisor, Media and Public Relations
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
This role will assist in developing a comprehensive strategy for the company’s media and press relations efforts. It will build relationships with key media channels and help drive an increase in positive media coverage and brand awareness among the public through targeted media outreach and creative content creation.
- Assist in developing a comprehensive strategy for the company’s media and press relations efforts and helps lead integrated multimedia campaigns
- Keep current with emerging media trends and nontraditional media channels and updates media and public strategy accordingly
- Collaborate with the digital team to present unified messages on all media and digital channels
- Coordinate with agencies to develop media plans, media materials, and execute targeted media outreach
- Serve as the primary point of contact with media, bloggers, and internal editorial teams and assist in securing features, stories, and appearances in national, regional and local media outlets
- Identify and introduce new media channels to maximize coverage
- Effectively and proactively drive and elevate the brands’ awareness among the public through effective and targeted media use
- Set up and continuously update media monitoring system to track and measure media presence against KPI’s
- Create and distribute daily and weekly media updates
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in corporate communications, public relations or journalism
- Work experience in related fields including public relations or journalism
- Five years’ experience within a communications role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office skills
- Associated Press (AP) Style writing knowledge
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Extremely detail oriented with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, and ability to expand relationships
- Must be results driven, self-starter, and proactive
- Experience of working with business to business (B2B) and business to consumer (B2C) PR
- Agency experience and corporate experience is preferred
- Newsroom or proven media pitching experience is preferred
- Copywriting, marketing and report writing, social media, and event management
- Strong communication with excellent presentation and data analysis capabilities
- Aptitude to build a network of influencers and press commentators
- Industry knowledge and contacts are beneficial
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Travel required less than 20%.
Physical requirements and working conditions include general office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time.