Supervisor, Strategic Sales
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to supervise and mentor a team of Sales Representatives in order to meet and exceed assigned sales goals.
1. Supervise and provide daily oversight of a team of Sales Reps; select, coach, train, and develop direct reports, to include appraising job performance and conducting performance reviews
2. Thorough use of data and analytics to ensure Sales Reps meet their daily, weekly, monthly and annual metrics, goals and initiatives
3. Develop and train Sales Reps on call scripts and selling tactics; modify and individualize training as needed
4. Provide guidance for team to achieve assigned strategic initiatives; collaborate with Sales Managers and other internal teams as needed to meet goals
5. Maintain subject matter expertise on CRM software and other PFJ systems to support Sales team
6. Compile and deliver monthly reports to the Inside Sales Manager and Director on team budget, and results of meeting monthly metrics and goals, as needed
7. Meet and exceed assigned goals related to any digital engagement initiatives
8. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
9. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
10. Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, sales or related field preferred
- Minimum five years’ experience in direct business-to-business sales required
- Minimum one years’ experience supervising a sales team preferred
- Understanding of fuel and trucking industry key concepts and terminology preferred
- Strong experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software (e.g. Salesforce) required
- Ability to gain thorough knowledge of company products and offerings
- Ability to gain thorough understanding of index pricing and market knowledge
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required; advanced skills preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.