Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The purpose of this job is to optimize routine supply logistics on products in an assigned region’s markets to ensure the lowest possible cost of products in a supply portfolio.
In this role you will:
1. Collaborate with Supply and Logistics teams to utilize supply tool output to optimize daily supply plan working within allocation/capacity constraints, review systems to ensure loads are set up correctly and help address daily price changes
2. Serve as liaison to and collaborate with the Logistics team to ensure contracts, day deals, and shipped barrels are being sourced correctly; discuss market moves to plan future loads based on current market conditions
3. Collaborate with Supply and Logistics teams to find opportunities to add value per market conditions and ensure loads dispatched capture market play opportunities
4. Challenge Supply Specialists to ensure contract allocations are minimized or maximized based on current market conditions
5. Oversee lifting exceptions comparing plan to actual and suggest future measures to achieve greater optimization results
6. Assist in developing daily supply strategy and coordinating handoff of the strategy information from the AM optimization team to the PM optimization team
7. Participate in daily feedback from optimization team, supply team and/or optimization manager
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred
- Minimum one year’s industry experience preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge of fuel and energy markets preferred
- Understanding of the energy industry and infrastructure as well as commodity economics preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with other team members and departments
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment, dynamic environment
- Excellent problem solving and conflict management skills
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and resolve problems with a high sense of urgency
* Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
* 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
* Adoption Assistance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Weekly Pay