Systems and Cloud Engineer
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As we expand our cloud / virtual infrastructure and the use of containerization, we seek an Engineer to assist our growing team in these areas. In this role you will:
- Determine project specifications and review quotes for projects based on specifications
- Write scripts and develop applications to facilitate daily system functions
- Architect, implement, and build physical and virtual infrastructure for assigned system infrastructure projects
- Guide the resolution of complex performance and availability issues working with other team members and business users
- Provide feedback on issues to appropriate developers and IT team members to improve functionality and performance
- Mentor and provide informal guidance to Systems Administrators
- Verify project plans and developed by System Engineer I
- Negotiate cost of software and hardware with vendors
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience required
- Virtualization experience required
- Cloud experience required (AWS experience preferred)
- Containerization (Kubernetes, etc) experience preferred
- Jenkins experience a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to communicate technical information about servers to software developers and non-technical stakeholders
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.