Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
Do you have a passion for talking to people? Do you enjoy searching for the best talent with new ideas? Are focused on career growth and opportunity? If you answered yes to those questions, then this might be the right opportunity for you to join an awesome Talent Acquisition team! We are looking for intermediate level Talent Coordinators for our team in order to partner with field management, store management, and Recruiters to attract top talent for all store level positions while streamlining the recruiting function. We are looking for those who will think outside of the box to find talent! This role is a hybrid position meaning you will work 3 days in office and 2 days remote.
Here's what you will do on our Team:
- Partner with store operations to develop recruiting strategies in response to market conditions (population, economy, wages, competition) to attract candidates for store level hourly positions
- Provide staffing support for new store openings (advertising, job fairs, recruiting materials)
- Post job ads and identify potential candidates for phone/video interviews
- Conduct phone interviews and schedule store/regional manager interviews
- Coordinate with Travel Center to provide offers to candidates
- Work with local organizations (workforce boards, colleges, and universities) to ensure stores are fully staffed for seasonal employment
- Order hiring materials for stores like banners, yard signs, window clings
- Provide telephone and email support to store management regarding applicant tracking system (ATS), best practices, and general recruiting functions
- Post and maintain all job fair and job postings; post restaurant franchise positions on the respective franchisee websites
- Respond to candidate telephone and email inquiries
- Coordinate interview days; manage the flow of activity on the interview day
- Leverage existing vendor relationships to optimize services
- Collaborate with various Sales and Support Center (SSC) departments on recruiting projects of varying size, duration, and complexity
- Produce and analyze staffing reports for recommendations to management
- Track, maintain, and analyze the progress of recruiting activities
- Provide in-person support in critical markets and new store openings by recruiting, building community relationships, and coaching managers on recruiting best practices
- Participate in branding material development, perform ongoing evaluation of effectiveness
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree-HR management or related field preferred
- One year of recruiting or human resources experienced
- Previous retail or restaurant industry experience preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required, advanced Excel
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Gym and Cafeteria
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline.