Technician, Blending and Maintenance-Salem
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is to conduct blending operations and provide equipment maintenance at Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) blending plants.
In this role you will:
- Responsible for daily DEF blending process and collection and submission of product samples
- Perform light plant maintenance (e.g., greasing equipment, monitoring the water system, replacing equipment filters and resin beds, sweeping) to prevent equipment failure
- Collaborate daily with the DEF Rail Movements Specialist to schedule rail car deliveries of DEF concentrate to plant(s)
- Troubleshoot, with guidance from the Assistant Manager, equipment repairs for technical and mechanical issues; maintain inventory of replacement parts
- Ensure all safety and operational procedures are followed at the blending site(s)
- Recommend improvements for DEF plant operations and assist in implementing any operational changes at direction of manager
- Travel to other DEF sites to conduct blending operations as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
- Valid state driver’s license and positive driving history required
- Minimum two years’ technical maintenance experience preferred
- Basic Microsoft office skills preferred
- Good technical skills and understanding of flow measurement equipment and systems
- Ability to use hand tools to replace or repair pumps and other heavy equipment
- Onsite work at DEF plant(s) requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Able to climb ladders and railcars
- Able to move and roll a 400 pound resin bed exchange
- Exposure to diesel exhaust fluid and water processing chemicals
- Exposure to a variety of weather conditions and temperatures
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Weekly Pay