Technician I, Help Desk-Shift 2B
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
oin Pilot Company as a Help Desk Technician *Please note this is for a third shift temporary position*
The purpose of this job is to provide first level technical support to all company fueling locations and restaurants.
- Utilize defined help desk processes and procedures to provide first level technical support to all company fueling locations and restaurants including responding to store inquiries
- Analyze and resolve problems with hardware and software, and provide any additional assistance necessary to ensure a positive guest experience
- Monitor system alerts to ensure company sites are fueling 100% of the time, and troubleshoot and resolve any fueling issues at store level
- Assist stores in researching credit card transactions and ensure payment has been processed; research and collect information for direct bill for failed transactions in order for the company to receive payment Assist stores and restaurants with cash balancing and the end of day processes; provide limited support for cash recycler issues including store personnel observation to clear jams within the recycler
- Assist with maintaining the integrity of store databases; ensure the site is processing sales data correctly; perform basic maintenance of the database if necessary
- Troubleshoot hardware issues within stores and if necessary, once replacements have been received, assist stores with the installation of new hardware
- Assist stores and restaurants with point of sale (POS) hardware and software issues to ensure a positive guest experience; assist with diagnosis and correction of issues with back office computers and printers Monitor email requests for service and support
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required
- Associate degree in technology preferred
- Minimum one year help desk experience required
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.