Technician I, Infrastructure Support
Pilot Company is an industry-leading network of travel centers with more than 30,000 team members and over 750 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division serves as a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958 by Jim A. Haslam II and currently led by CEO Adam Wright, our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated to fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
The purpose of this job is to provide first-hand and remote hardware and software support for Support Center Team Members, all above store Team Members, and remote offices. Support includes desktop computers, laptops, VDIs, company-paid phones, tablets, printers, and other assigned technology projects. Infrastructure Support also is responsible for provisioning technology equipment, including, but not limited to, new Team Member onboarding technology requests, hardware upgrades, and replacement devices. This is a 6 month contract to hire role.
- Analyze and troubleshoot hardware including laptops, desktops, VDI, printers, all peripherals, mobile phones, and tablets, etc.
- Analyze and troubleshoot software including Windows OS, Office 365, MacOS, iOS, Android, third-party software, and in-house applications.
- Apply technical knowledge to resolve routine issues on outstanding tickets submitted by email, phone, and ticketing system.
- Collaborate with outside vendors as required (i.e., Microsoft, Apple, HP, third-party software) to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Resolve complex issues working with internal resources (i.e., Application Support, Server and Network Teams, Development)
- Follow up and document work using ticket system and work orders.
- Build and rebuild laptops, desktops, and VDIs to complete service requests and tickets.
- Complete project rollout work as needed for other IT functions (i.e., IT Security, Server Team, Network)
- Assist in maintaining Active Directory including distribution list changes, group membership, moving computers to correct operating unit (OU), account creation, and disabling and enabling accounts.
- Create and update existing technical and issue resolution documentation as needed.
- Support company events activity, support meetings, and offsite meetings.
- Provide first-hand service to team members at Pilot’s Tech Bar.
- Provide computer orientation to new company staff.
- Workstation installation/setup - including delivering on campus.
- Support Conference Rooms
- Provides firsthand support to "C" level leadership.
- On Call
- Be able to travel with little notice.
- Travel when necessary to remote offices (Denver, Dallas, Knoxville, etc.) to provide first-hand support.
- Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
- Proficient HP hardware setup and troubleshooting experience.
- Proficient Windows 10 troubleshooting experience
- Proficient Active Directory experience
- Proficient Microsoft Office 365 products (incl. Office, Teams, and One Drive)
- Access and Hardware provisioning experience
- Proficient Apple Hardware and Mac OS setup and troubleshooting in a corporate environment.
- Proficient Experience with supporting Virtual Desktops
Items that are not required but considered desirable:
- Knowledge of ITIL processes
- Tech Bar (Apple Genius Bar or Geek Squad) experience
- Familiarity with Zscaler ZPA
- Familiarity with Airwatch MDM
- Mobile Device (Apple & Android) Troubleshooting for Corporate Devices
- Familiarity with Big Fix and/or SCCM for software provisioning
- Has worked with Jira Kanban Boards
- Has provided firsthand support to "C" level leadership
- Citrix VDI platform experience (Citrix Director and VCenter)
- Familiarity with GoToAssist and RealVNC for remote support or other remote support software
- Familiarity with Cisco Webex and Microsoft Teams meetings
- Linux desktop support experience
- Technical acumen related to desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems, and network connectivity.
- Ability to resolve problems while maximizing efficient use of computing resources.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize work
- Sense of urgency and flexibility with changing direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide excellent customer service
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Associate degree, or four years’ technical support experience required (in a corporate setting).
- Must be able to accommodate flexible work schedules based on business needs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: d4865b6b-7f30-46e9-8e4c-203f3e1251f8