Transload Operator, Westley, CA
Pilot Flying J is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Pilot Flying J is part of the Pilot Company family of brands that keeps North America's drivers moving, including E-Z Trip, Mr. Fuel, One9 Fuel Stop, Pride, StaMart and Xpress Fuel.
- Load trucks from railcars in yard using mobile equipment (transloaders).
- Communicate with drivers, the transloading team, and the corporate office.
- Troubleshoot and analyze control systems to resolve software/ hardware and configuration problems.
- Enter and maintain inventory and activity data into the appropriate system.
- Prepare and forward reports to corporate office, as needed and/or requested.
- Ensure office equipment is properly maintained and serviced.
- Identifies and sources parts, supplies and repair items, as necessary.
- Receive and inventory any incoming parts and/or supplies, coordinate packing slips with purchaseorders.
- Perform duties safely and responsibly while always observing all safety and health rules.
- Completes pre-shift inspections and JSA’s, and interfaces with relief operator for any updates,instructions, and changes.
- Proactively maintain good housekeeping practices and preventive maintenance practices onequipment including but not limited to daily inspections, greasing, cleaning, etc.
- Participate in general training, job specific training and hazardous materials training as required;successfully complete written examinations
- Wear required protective equipment (PPE) such as: hard hats, hearing protection, safety-toe boots,safety glasses etc
- Ability to complete written documentation and records.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical equations and use hand tools, power tools, measuring tools,and other labor tools.
- Effective communication skills: ability to speak, read, and have a working knowledge of the Englishlanguage.
- Must have team player attitude with high-level of self-motivation requiring minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work any shift, overtime, weekends, and holidays as nature of plant schedule mayfluctuate.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment.
- Ability to work outdoors and be exposed to varying weather conditions (i.e.: heat, wet, cold, etc.)
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time; grip, climb, reach, shovel, squat, crawl,pull and push.
- Must be authorized to work in the US and be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Class A Driver’s License with hazmat endorsement
- Experience in Transportation (truck, rail or air), Supply Chain Logistics, Manufacturing and/or Oil &Gas Service work
- 1-year experience with transload or material handling operation: bulk carrier or railroad
- General knowledge of bulk storage loading racks and automation systems
- Nation-wide Medical Plan/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Onsite Gym and PFJFresh Cafeteria
- Weekly Pay
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline