UI/UX Designer , Digital Products
Pilot Company is the 10th largest privately held company in North America with more than 28,000 team members. As the industry-leading network of travel centers, we have more than 950 retail and fueling locations in 44 states and six Canadian provinces. Our energy and logistics division is a top supplier of fuel, employing one of the largest tanker fleets and providing critical services to oil operations in our nation's busiest basins. Pilot Company supports a growing portfolio of brands with expertise in supply chain and retail operations, logistics and transportation, technology and digital innovation, construction, maintenance, human resources, finance, sales and marketing.
Founded in 1958, we are proud to be family owned and consider our team members to be part of the family. Our founding values, people-first culture and commitment to giving back remains true to us today. Whether we are serving guests, a fellow team member, or a trucking company, we are dedicated fueling people and keeping North America moving.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The purpose of this job is provide support for various digital applications by designing, graphic user interface elements that deliver an outstanding and intuitive user experience.
1. Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and developers
2. Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and site maps
3. Design graphic user interface elements (e.g., menus, tabs, widgets)
4. Build page navigation buttons and search fields
5. Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how the sites function and look to the end user
6. Create original graphic designs (e.g., images, sketches, tables)
7. Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
8. Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g., responsiveness)
9. Adjust layouts based on user feedback and collaboration with team
10. Adhere to brand standards on fonts, colors and images
11. Optimize existing user interface designs
12. Model behaviors that support the company’s common purpose; ensure guests and team members are supported at the highest level
13. Ensure all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
14. Complete other duties as assigned
· High school diploma or equivalent certificate required
· Minimum three years’ experience as a UI/UX designer or similar role required
· Experience with wireframe tools, i.e., InVision
· Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Sketch
· Knowledge and experience working with web page development (HTML5 and CSS3)
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities
· Ability to take initiative, work independently and with a team
· Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Ability to collaborate and communicate with different levels of the organization
General office work requiring sitting or standing for long periods of time
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Travel required less than 5%